Haight Street and Hayes Street
This Week/February 12, 2018
- Grinding and paving operations continued this week along Hayes Street between Lyon and Broderick streets. All paving is now complete between Clayton and Broderick streets. We were hopeful to continue grinding and paving operations next week, however remaining PG&E tie-in work will cause us to pause grinding and paving operations for a short time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Crews also continued street base repairs on Hayes Street between Fillmore and Laguna streets. During this phase of work, crews used heavy machinery to remove the broken sections of street base and replaced them with fresh concrete. Replacing the damaged/broken street base now will help extend the life of the new road once it's repaved.
Next Week/February 19, 2018 ** The contractor is not scheduled to work on Monday February 19, 2018 due to the President’s Day Holiday. **
- Grinding and Paving operations are paused for this week. We’ll provide a quick update once they’re scheduled to resume.
- On Tuesday, crews will continue curb ramp work at the Hayes/Buchanan and Hayes/Laguna intersections. The curb ramp work at this intersection is expected to wrap-up this week.
- Crews will continue street base repairs on Hayes Street. The street base repair schedule will be as follows:
- Hayes Street (Buchanan to Laguna): Friday 2/16 and Monday 2/20
- Hayes Street (Laguna to Octavia): Wednesday 2/21 and Thursday 2/22
- Hayes Street (Octavia to Gough): Friday 2/23 and Monday 2/26
- Hayes Street (Gough to Franklin): Tuesday 2/27 and Wednesday 2/28
- Hayes Street (Franklin to Van Ness): Thursday 3/1 and Friday 3/2
Our contractor will also need to schedule street base re-construction work at both the Hayes/Gough and Hayes/Franklin intersections. The street base repair work at these two intersections will be quite extensive. We will provide more details once that work is scheduled.
Week of February 26, 2018
- Street base replacement work will continue this week along Hayes Street between Octavia and Van Ness. Please see the schedule.
- The contractor is scheduled to commence work on the bus pad at the NW corner of the Larkin and Hayes streets intersection. The bus pad work is expected to take a week to complete however the bus stop area will need to remain closed off for several additional days while the concrete pad cures. We anticipate we’ll re-open the bus stop to traffic on Friday March 9, 2018. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The contractor has wrapped up most of the contractual work along Lower Haight. The work that remains under the current contract is sidewalk work at the northwest and southeast bus stops at both Divisadero/Haight and also Fillmore/Haight. The contractor will also need to complete any punch list work along Haight Street between Central and Laguna streets. We'll provide more details once the remaining work is scheduled.
*** Please Note: The construction schedule is subject to change due to rain, equipment breakdown, unforeseen field conditions, etc. Please see the posted "no parking" barricades for exact parking restrictions. Parking restrictions may vary per block. ***
For information on the upcoming Upper Haight Transit Improvement and Pedestrian Realm Project, please visit www.sfpublicworks.org/upper-haight.
The project limits are Haight Street from Ashbury Street to Laguna Street and Hayes Street from Clayton Street to Market Street. There are several blocks included in this project. It could be several weeks before we reach your block.
The scope of work included sewer main and water main replacement work, traffic and pedestrian signal work, curb ramp and bulb-out work, bus pad and bus bulb work, concrete street base repairs and repaving along Haight and Hayes streets. All water main and sewer main replacement work has been completed on this project.
Streets & Streetscapes
STATUS In Progress
Haight Street from Ashbury Street to Laguna Street and Hayes Street from Clayton Street to Market Street.
Start Date April 2015
Thursday, February 18, 2016