Haight Street and Hayes Street
- The contractor continues work on the Auxiliary Water Supply System (AWSS) at the Haight and Divisadero intersection. The current phase of work at the intersection is expected to be complete next week.
- Along Lower Haight, the contractor has begun curb ramp and bus pad layout work. The curb ramp work and bus pad work is expected to commence in Lower Haight next week.
- Sewer work continues on Hayes Street between Webster and Fillmore streets.
- Curb ramp and bus pad work continues at several locations along Hayes Street.
*** Please note, once work has been completed on a bus pad, the area will remain closed for an additional 10 days to allow the concrete pad proper time to cure (dry) before allowing traffic on to it. ***
Week of July 24, 2017
- The contractor will continue AWSS work at the Haight & Divisadero intersection.
- The contractor is scheduled to begin curb ramp at intersections along Lower Haight.
- Crews will also begin bus pad installation work along Lower Haight. The bus pads are located at bus stops and will require crews saw-cut, remove the asphalt/concrete, install a rebar mat and pour back fresh concrete. Once work has been completed on a bus pad, the area will remain closed for an additional 10 days to allow the concrete pad proper time to cure (dry) before allowing traffic on to it
- Sewer activity will continue on Hayes Street between Fillmore and Webster streets.
*** Please Note: The schedule is subject to change due to rain, equipment breakdown, and/or unforeseen field conditions. Please see the posted "no parking" barricades for exact parking restrictions. Parking restrictions may vary per block. ***
The project limits are Haight Street from Ashbury Street to Laguna Street and Hayes Street from Clayton Street to Market Street. There are several blocks included in this project. It may be weeks or months before we reach your block.
The scope of work will include sewer main and water main replacement work, traffic and pedestrian signal work, curb ramp and bulb-out work, bus pad and bus bulb work, concrete street base repairs and repaving along Haight and Hayes streets. Not all blocks listed will include sewer main and/or water main replacement work.
During sewer main replacement, sewer service will not be interrupted. Please continue to use your household plumbing as usual. However, when the San Francisco Water Department (SFWD) makes final water service connections there may be a temporary interruption to water service. Final tie-in work is traditionally done overnight to minimize disruptions to water service. Typically, there's less demand for water overnight. SFWD will notify you in advance of any overnight tie-in work or interruption to water service.
Streets & Streetscapes
STATUS In Progress
Haight Street from Ashbury Street to Laguna Street and Hayes Street from Clayton Street to Market Street.
Start Date April 2015
Thursday, February 18, 2016