Haight Street and Hayes Street
- Curb ramp work continues this week on Haight Street at the Lyon, Baker and Broderick intersections. This phase of work includes bulb-out work at the SW corner of the Buena Vista and Haight streets intersection as well as the SW corner of the Haight & Lyon intersection.
- Crews are scheduled to continue water main work at the Haight & Broderick and Haight & Divisadero intersections.
- The contractor continues sewer main replacement work on Hayes Street between Laguna and Buchanan streets.
- The San Francisco Water Department (SFWD) is scheduled to perform fire hydrant tie-in work at the Haight and Fillmore streets intersection. This overnight work is scheduled for Thursday May 18, 2017. The work is expected to commence around 9 PM and should be finished around 3 AM.
Week of May 22, 2017
- Curb ramp work will continue on Haight Street at the Lyon, Baker, and Broderick intersections. This phase of work is expected to be complete this week.
- The contractor will resume Auxiliary Water Supply System (AWSS) work at the Haight and Divisadero intersection.
- Crews will start sewer main replacement work on Hayes Street between Buchanan and Webster streets. Installation of the sewer main is expected to take approximately 5 weeks to complete on this block.
*** Please Note: The schedule is subject to change due to rain, equipment breakdown, and/or unforeseen field conditions. Please see the posted "no parking" barricades for exact parking restrictions. Parking restrictions may vary per block. ***
The project limits are Haight Street from Ashbury Street to Laguna Street and Hayes Street from Clayton Street to Market Street. There are several blocks included in this project. It may be weeks or months before we reach your block.
The scope of work will include sewer main and water main replacement work, traffic and pedestrian signal work, curb ramp and bulb-out work, bus pad and bus bulb work, concrete street base repairs and repaving along Haight and Hayes streets. Not all blocks listed will include sewer main and/or water main replacement work.
During sewer main replacement, sewer service will not be interrupted. Please continue to use your household plumbing as usual. However, when the San Francisco Water Department (SFWD) makes final water service connections there may be a temporary interruption to water service. Final tie-in work is traditionally done overnight to minimize disruptions to water service. Typically, there's less demand for water overnight. SFWD will notify you in advance of any overnight tie-in work or interruption to water service.
Streets & Streetscapes
STATUS In Progress
Haight Street from Ashbury Street to Laguna Street and Hayes Street from Clayton Street to Market Street.
Start Date April 2015
Thursday, February 18, 2016